At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers, helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end, we have developed products that leverage Amazon’s strength as a world-class e-commerce website and have integrated advertising into the shopping experience from first discovery to purchase. A strategic part of our charter is to build support of third party partners that help to enable our vendors and sellers to advertise more efficiently on Amazon.
The Partner Demand team is looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager that will be responsible for creating, managing and scaling a complex cross-functional marketing program to enable the adoption of key advertising products among our third-partner partner audience and their managed advertisers. Our group functions as a start-up within Amazon, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As a Sr. Marketing Manager, you will have end-to-end ownership of a critical business program which includes defining the vision and strategy, setting objectives, analyzing data, executing on strategic initiatives, and drivimg improvements that are quantified with metrics. This is a cross-functional role where you will have to interface with and influence multiple teams including sales, brand and content marketing, channel marketing, product teams, finance, legal and data analytics teams.
The ideal candidate possesses an understanding of the advertising industry, has strong relationship building skills, an ability to deal with ambiguity, an interest in establishing processes that scale, and the ability to manage expectations with stakeholders, at times saying no.
· Take ownership of the business need, identify and execute quickly on immediate solutions and then iterate to find long-term solutions.
· Work cross-functionally with channel marketing, brand marketing, product, partner management, sales, legal, and PR to drive alignment on adoption initiatives
· Continually raise the bar on development of new program features aimed at improving the overall partner experience
· Developing mechanisms, processes, and measurement of programs’ performance.
· Ability to identify global stakeholder needs, implement prioritization.
· Help develop and shape the product roadmap to address partner's needs for a given set of products
· Own setting, measuring, and reporting on overall goals for adoption
· 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
· Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
· Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
· Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
· Bachelor Degree in communications, marketing, business or a related field, or equivalent hands-on experience
· 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 5+ years of experience in program and/or project management
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· Experience working cross-functionally
· Proficient in Excel
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Engineering, or other related area.
· Previous advertising, retail, and/or tech business experience with respect to programs and processes.