This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon’s Global Mile team is chartered with solutions for international movement of shipments which can originate from any place on earth, cross international borders and be delivered in a different parts of the world. There are a variety of ways in which we can import shipments from vendors and sellers to our warehouses and export packages from one country to another. We deal with millions of packages, each with different attributes, delivery requirements and international commerce and customs constraints. Accounting for all these constraints and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost and providing a variety of customer delivery options, we seek to maximize delivery performance.
We are world class technology cutting across deep algorithmic problems; brand new tools that cater to multi-party business scenarios and challenges that are evolving very quickly. Besides technology, there are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise of international transportation and supply chain realms and gain first-hand experience of the Amazon operations by interacting directly with our global internal and external partners.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming or other similar languages.
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving, and written skills.
· Open to relocate to Boston, MA
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 7+ years of industry experience.
· Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
· Expert knowledge of Java.
· AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
· Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.