Economists at Amazon will work directly with other economists, other scientists, engineers, researchers and senior management on key business problems. The Cross Category and Cross Channel Marketing (XCM) Insights team at Amazon is looking for an experienced economist to join our team. This position will be responsible for developing and supporting best-in-class modeling methodologies and supporting techniques to answer ambiguous business questions. The Economist needs to apply the cutting-edge econometric methodologies to large datasets to infer causality. Upon completion of statistical analysis, the Economist draws insights and produces reports by translating technical framework to business-oriented recommendations.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, vocally self-critical, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. He/She recognizes that the true measure of the success of the work product is based on the business impact the findings have had.
·Develop econometric or machine learning models for ad hoc requests, projects and on-going measurements, and increasing efficiency by operationalizing data feeds from various data sources
·Design experiment to validate causal results derived from observational data
· Provide technical supports for designing and measuring randomized experiments
· Design research, analysis, and modeling plans
· Interpret data, writing reports, and make actionable recommendations
· Support consumer research projects both in the US and Internationally; these may be either primary research or secondary data projects
· Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, statistics, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate will need to be able to extract insights from data and be able to clearly communicate appropriate triggers and actions
· PhD in Economics, Quantitative Marketing, Finance, or closely related field.
· 2+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government or academic research
· 5+ years of research experience working in statistical analysis
· Must have experience in Python, Stata, R and/or Scala.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
· Research experience in causal inference using Double machine learning model, matching, synthetic control, instrumental variable model, and other cutting-edge econometric and statistical methodologies
· Experience modeling observational survey data
· Excellent Writing Skill
· Experience with modelling large individual-level datasets
· Experience of finding practical solutions for ambiguous and challenging business questions
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Strong research track record