Do you want to make a difference to real people's lives and have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers every day? Do you enjoy collaborating with engineers and machine learning scientists working on innovative, high-scale, complex solutions?
Amazon Advertising’s worldwide Customer Trust team is looking for a Security Engineer to join our team in Edinburgh. We build technology that enables Amazon to adopt the most scientific approach to protecting our customers from online safety risks. As the number of digital media users continues to grow worldwide, we are observing malicious users exploiting the internet for personal gain. Come be part of an organisation within Amazon that places customer trust at the heart of what it does, and where the safety of internet users is paramount. Our team builds scalable solutions that monitor the technical security across Amazon’s advertisement portfolio. Our work is characterized by advanced Machine Learning techniques, high scale, complexity and a constant need for innovation.
You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of detecting and responding to threats and driving security improvement back into the service via identification of signatures, improvement of processes and secure practices. You will apply great security judgment and work hands-on developing detective capabilities, identifying mitigations to security flaws and vulnerabilities, quickly assessing the potential risk, and responding to potential threats to our customers. You will focus on relentlessly resolving security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis, driving for the right architecture decisions across many different teams to harden infrastructure, and educating the broader team.
You will use a wide range of technologies and systems, and work alongside an experienced team of engineers and scientists. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of customers worldwide.
Come join a team based in Edinburgh, Scotland, that is rapidly expanding. Enjoy the chance to work in a relaxed setting with a good social life. You will have strong technical ability, a focus on the customer experience, great teamwork and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in an environment that is rapidly evolving. The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives by inventing, enhancing and building world class security protections, delivering results, and working on exciting and challenging projects.
· Bachelor's Degree or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
· Experience in security role working with development team(s) delivering software-based services
· Detailed knowledge of web security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
· Experience in code forensics, reverse engineering of obfuscated code, and development of exploits
· Experience using AWS big data services (Athena and Glue)
· Security certifications encouraged.
· Experience triaging security alerts, and executing incident response to security incidents
· Experience with web services security and service-oriented architecture
· Knowledge of browser fingerprinting techniques
· Knowledge of advertising technology
· Knowledge of network and web related protocols
· Strong scripting skills in one or more of the common languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Experience designing and/or reviewing the security of systems in conjunction with a development team
· Experience in risk identification, secure software design, secure architectures, security testing, or vulnerability detection or remediation.
We offer a strong benefits package including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.