Amazon Air is seeking a motivated self-starter to innovate in the air cargo space to ensure that our aviation transportation network continues to delight customers with fast and accurate delivery. You will work cross-functionally to identify and implement air and ground solutions to complex problems at global scale throughout the air supply chain.
The Air Service Performance Program Manager uses detailed root cause analysis to identify both point and systemic failures in the supply chain and partners with internal and external stakeholders as required to drive performance through the continuous improvement process. This position designs and executes new processes, policies, goals, and solutions that increase delivery efficiency, reduce errors, decrease costs, and improve the company’s overall transportation program, specifically related to air freight. This role requires someone who takes ownership of issues, conducts thorough deep dives, and is a critical thinker who can quickly pivot depending on where the analysis takes them. In the long-term space, this position will bring impact by developing scalable solutions that improve performance in a growing air network.
The role requires staying connected to the day-to-day air operation to understand the sources of process variation impacting on-time delivery reliability of the air business, but also being able to prioritize effectively so as to balance immediate requirements against long-term projects. Strong communication skills are necessary for success in this position, as this role interacts with a variety of teams; the program manager must be able to interact through both speech and writing with different audiences, including the executive level. This is a high judgment role that requires someone who can operate without structured guidance, navigate ambiguity, and take decisive action when necessary.
Successful candidates will have the following skills / experience:
· Must possess strong business acumen
· Must be highly proficient in written and oral communications and be able to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations to leaders
· A proven track record of problem solving skills and the ability to use analytical tools is required, while analytical experience in the areas of transportation or network management is strongly preferred
· Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional organizations
· Must have an ability to manage and execute multiple priorities in a timely manner across multiple projects
· Must demonstrate the ability to influence internal and external organizations to achieve corporate goals, including the ability to influence and manage upward as necessary
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Creating a best in class air operation network with appropriate metrics to continually improve air transportation operations
· Communicating effectively with both external (Service Providers, Air Carriers, Vendors) and internally (Finance, Technology, Fulfillment Center, Linehaul, Sort Center, Delivery Station) customers
· Creating reports and process improvement initiatives to improve air and ground operations
· Communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in while delivering to project schedules
· Addressing barriers through problem solving, communication, and active coordination with stakeholders
· Working within time constraints to meet critical business needs (often managing multiple, time-sensitive and high priority initiatives simultaneously), while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met
· Able to systematically escalate problems or variances in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered
· Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited university.
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· Experience preparing, reporting, and interpreting large sets of data
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel
· Experience using Tableau
· MBA or advanced Operations or Supply Chain Management degree from an accredited university
· Extensive experience in the ground transportation, freight forwarding, airline, cargo ground handling, or air freight industry
· Experience in operation research model design
· Experience using SQL or similar
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.