Core AI is an interdisciplinary team working on the cutting edge of economics, statistical analysis, and machine learning. The team leverages current science (and invents new science) to tackle Amazon's toughest and most impactful problems, and to guide senior-level decision-making.
We are looking for a seasoned economist to join a small policy team to conduct critical research to support partners in better understanding how Amazon impacts the people and regions where it operates. As a member of Core AI, you will collaborate closely with world-class academic scientists and researchers to develop, implement, and productionize solutions.
The ideal candidate will be able to: (1) use economic theories to structure ambiguous problems; (2) define proper metrics and assemble unique datasets to test hypotheses; (3) assess and interpret (causal) empirical relationships using data; and (4) design and test how incentives affect behavior, taking into account dynamic long-term and strategic factors. We seek creative thinkers who can combine a strong economic toolbox with a desire to learn from others, and who know how to execute and deliver on big ideas.
· PhD in Economics or highly related field.
· 2-5 years of experience in industry, government, or academic research.
· Experience in applied economic analysis.
· Experience in using one of Stata, R, or Python is required.
· Strong research track record, drives results.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Exhibits business judgment.
· Has relentlessly high standards.