Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer experience. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favourite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
Amazon Music is seeking a Podcast Program Manager to lead our podcast activity across content operations and innovation, editorial, and partner management in Canada. The ideal candidate will be an experienced podcast professional with a proven track record for architecting and executing content initiatives and processes to grow listenership, develop content availability and selection, and drive cross-functional business development.
The Podcast Manager works daily with teammates and partners across Podcasts, Marketing, Content Acquisitions, Product, and Social, as well as with key team leaders to collaborate on vision, strategy, and goals for our podcasts business. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems—doing whatever is needed to get the job done—is essential. As our lead for Canada, you will directly impact the way that both listeners and creators in Canada and around the world experience podcasts.
You will be based in Toronto.
· Programming: Build a long-term podcast content calendar for Canada. Act as a trusted editorial voice on podcasts in Canada and to the wider Amazon Music business.
· Content Operations: Guide and assist podcasters, publishers, and hosting providers with integration into our systems. Deliver excellent customer service, troubleshoot issues, and work with the development team to improve podcaster-facing tooling.
· Strategic Partner Management: As the day-to-day point of contact in Canada, grow relationships with existing and new publishers, podcasters, hosting providers, and other major stakeholders within the podcasting supply chain. Provide white-glove support to partners both 1:1 and at scale.
· Outreach and Brand: Act as a podcast evangelist for Amazon Music in Canada to grow local awareness both among podcast listeners and within the industry. Articulate our platform and our brand to optimize outreach, seeking opportunities to grow awareness of Amazon Music’s podcast offering.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum several years of professional podcast or audio experience.
· Proficient knowledge and understanding of the Canada podcast market or audio industry, ideally with focus on editorial, curation, or marketing.
· High degree of agility using content management systems, and technical or operational experience working with RSS feeds and content catalogues; tooling development experience a plus.
· Demonstrated experience working in cross-cultural and international environments across time zones.
· Ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines and workstreams to execute high-quality deliverables.
· Comfort with navigating ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, start-up environment where managers are owners wear multiple hats.
· Passion for building and nurturing strong relationships with existing and new partners.
· Fluency in English and French. Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Podcast production experience
· Passion for internationalization
· Additional languages are highly valued but are not required
· Previous experience working in an Agile environment or relevant training
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.