The Amazon shopping app is the #1 shopping app in the world and delights hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. 2,000+ developers from 100+ Amazon teams deliver bar raising customer experiences in the shopping app leveraging a range of technologies from ReactNative, native mobile development, HTML and more, all built on the Mobile Shopping Foundation.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineers in Mobile Shopping Foundations solve endemic problems that improve not only the quality of the foundation, but also tools and guardrails to improve quality of the features teams across Amazon deliver with each weekly app release. You will think big about how we empower developers across Amazon and the Foundation to deliver measurable, high quality experiences at launch. You will invent & simplify with a deep knowledge of software architecture and computer science fundamentals to define right-sized testing strategies and plans that improve our confidence in the apps we release to customers while enabling app developers to innovate fast. You will influence QAEs, SDETs, SDEs and leadership across Amazon to develop and build upon a strong quality-focused mindset.
· Dive deep to understand the technical landscape and identify and solve endemic problems for the mobile shopping app foundation and its consumers.
· Design and build tools and guardrails to set a minimum quality bar while teams innovate fearlessly
· Responsible for working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
· Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
· Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 5+ years’ experience as part of a test team
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Experience validating consumer facing applications
· Experience with QA methodology and tools
· Experience analyzing log files
· Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
· Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and ability to synthesize the results
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings