Amazon’s HR organization is growing fast and expanding internationally at an amazing pace. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive workplace. https://www.aboutamazon.com/working-at-amazon/diversity-and-inclusion. Location is flexible and can include US/Canada/UK.
The HR Risk & Compliance (HRRC) team reduces HR risk through the management of control mechanisms that drive company-wide compliance with important national and international labor-related laws, Amazon labor practices, and internal standards.
Within HRRC, the Employee Eligibility team ensures that every Amazon employee is eligible, by law and Amazon policy, to perform their job duties in their assigned locations for their employing entity. The team provides risk identification, assessments, remediation, testing, and monitoring for the many HR programs that support an employee’s eligibility to work for Amazon.
The Sr. Risk Manager - Emerging Risks is responsible for managing Amazon's compliance risks globally for de-centralized and new risk programs, from identifying and assessing the impact/likelihood of the risk, coordinating stakeholders, escalating and reporting to leadership, establishing a vision for compliance, implementing that vision, and developing metrics to monitor and test compliance. This role will work with global HR policy, process, and system owners to manage complex employee eligibility requirements, controls, and risk issues. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal requirements, geographies, types of business, or solution implementations, among other things.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Consult with global legal, HR, and business teams to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate risks related to initial hire and ongoing eligibility issues.
· Provide regular written reports to senior HR and Legal leadership on risk and compliance issues
· Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action plans to remediate identified risk issues.
· Develop deep knowledge of the employee eligibility solution(s) utilized by Amazon, consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations to HR policy, process, and system owners and senior stakeholders.
· Conduct on-site and virtual risk control assessments, draft reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans.
· Consult on supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
· Respond to inquiries and escalations as a Subject Matter Expert.
· Manage other HR Risk & Compliance projects as needed.
· Up to 10% travel, as necessary.
The ideal candidate is seeking to work for a highly innovative company and is motivated by the opportunity to participate in the development of new and leading-edge HR solutions. The successful candidate is highly organized, builds trusting relationships with internal stakeholders at various levels across the organization, adapts quickly to changing demands, demonstrates critical inquiry, attention to detail, and effectively articulates recommendations/conclusions verbally and written. Knowledge of human resources processes and risk/compliance management concepts, particularly in an international context, are preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 6+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Experience with onboarding-related topics
· MS Office proficiency
· 8+ years of experience in an HR, compliance, or risk management role
· Advanced degree in a related area (MSHR, MBA, JD)
· Certification in HR or Risk/Compliance field
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to manage ambiguity and drive results
· Experience building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization to act without having a direct reporting relationship
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary
· Sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities
· Experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
· Experience managing HR projects and developing HR policies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .