Passionate about Machine Learning, Causal Inference, and Big Data Systems? Interested in building new state-of-the-art measurement products at petabyte scale? Be part of a team of industry leading experts that operates one of the largest analytics and data science ecosystems at Amazon. Amazon is leveraging its highly unique data and applying the latest machine learning and big data technologies available to change the way marketers optimize their advertising spend. Our campaign measurement and reporting systems apply these technologies on terabytes of data a day (over 50B new events per day).
You'll be one of the scientists tackling some of the hardest problems in advertising; measuring ads incrementality, providing estimated counterfactuals and predicting the success of advertising strategies. You and you team will develop state of the art causal learning, deep learning, and predictive techniques to help marketers understand and optimize their spend.
Some things you'll do in this role:
· Work closely with other scientists and engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
· Be a hands-on technical leader, developing novel algorithms and applications to solve hard problems
· Deliver with independence on challenging large scale problems with significant ambiguity
· Write cogent summaries of your work, accessible to other science and business leaders
We are open to hiring this role in Boulder/Denver, Chicago, Toronto, Santa Monica, Arlington, Jersey City/NYC, Austin, and Seattle
· PhD in economics or related field
· 5+ years of relevant, broad research science experience after PhD degree
· Advanced coding ability in a scripting language such as Python, Scala, or R
· Experience in combining econometrics and ML techniques in areas such as causal learning, bandit learning, or deep learning
· Track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications
· Experience in data applications using large scale distributed systems (e.g. EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.