NOTE: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all Cloud Support Associate Intern roles in Dallas, TX and Herndon, VA.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the cloud business. As an intern with the AWS Cloud Support team you will participate in a training program, preparing you to be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers utilizing a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a future cloud support engineer, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical interns to help accelerate our growing Cloud Support business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
You’ll be learning about the services of AWS, the tools and technologies utilized by AWS customers, and following a simulation of our environment to gain insight into providing expert technical support to organizations all across the globe. You will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience on our cloud services, hands on training, and learning as you go.
If you fit the description, you could be the person we are looking for. We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success. Come build the future with us.
What you will do: This is a training program and simulation of the Cloud Support role in the Cloud. As an Amazon intern, you will be interacting with your peers and the AWS global team of full-time professionals as part of our AWS Cloud Support team. You’ll be learning about some of AWS’s top services, including EC2, load balancers, and S3 storage solutions; the tools and technologies utilized by AWS customers; and following a simulation of our environment to gain insight into providing expert technical support to organizations all across the globe. You will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience on our cloud services, hands on training, and learning as you go.
· Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
· Collaborate with AWS engineers and interns in a virtual classroom to learn about AWS services and troubleshooting techniques. You’ll have an opportunity to apply your new skills through customer case simulations.
· Interact with leading engineers around the world.
· Work with a mentor during your internship.
· Work on a group presentation to be delivered to senior leadership.
· Network with other AWS interns and employees to learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture and opportunities to grow.
· Pursing a technical bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related fields with a graduation date of Summer 2022
· Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
· Basic networking knowledge and operating system skills
· Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
· Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
· Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
· Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
San Francisco, CA:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, CA:
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.