The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who have been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post return ship. These full time offers will be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon Prime is an integral part of Amazon, providing customers unlimited free two-day shipping on more than 50 million items as well as streaming of Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading, early access to select lightning deals and so much more. Amazon Prime is a key driver of Amazon’s growth. Customers love Amazon Prime… and you will love working on it.
The Amazon Prime team works on highly complex initiatives, partnering with teams across Amazon to innovate around shopping experience, content delivery and member benefits. We build and manage the programs and systems that deliver customer happiness at massive scale. Our teams of business and technology professionals are relentlessly customer obsessive, and dedicated to imaging a bold future of eCommerce.
If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
· 7+ years of industry experience
· Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services
· Expert knowledge of Java
· AWS Technologies such: DynamoDB, Kinesis, Elastic Search, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS
· Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.