The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who have been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16-week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon Global Logistic (AGL) team is revolutionizing e-commerce by creating the world’s most efficient global logistics solutions, making selection from anywhere available to customers everywhere, at lowest prices and fastest delivery speeds. We focus on breaking down barriers to allow selling partners to sell their items to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Our team develops software that removes friction from the process of global fulfillment and cross border selling. We deliver solutions pivotal to business expansion by enabling selling partners to provide better offers in existing marketplaces and to introduce their products to new customers around the world. We need your help to grow the AGL business by building highly-available, scalable, distributed systems providing a delightful experience to global customers and selling partners.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related science or technology
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· Experience with distributed computing and company-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Ability to communicate and discuss software components in simple, general terms with business partners and in great detail with software development engineers
· Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.