This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate’s advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Amazon Global Logistic (AGL) team is revolutionizing e-commerce by creating the world’s most efficient global logistics solutions, making selection from anywhere available to customers everywhere, at lowest prices and fastest delivery speeds. We focus on breaking down barriers to allow selling partners to sell their items to hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Our team develops software that removes friction from the process of global fulfillment and cross border selling. We deliver solutions pivotal to business expansion by enabling selling partners to provide better offers in existing marketplaces and to introduce their products to new customers around the world. We need your help to grow the AGL business by building highly-available, scalable, distributed systems providing a delightful experience to global customers and selling partners.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· 5+ years of technical program management experience
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related science or technology
· Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
· Experience with distributed computing and company-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and leadership to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Ability to communicate and discuss software components in simple, general terms with business partners and in great detail with software development engineers
· Track record of delivering results in a collaborative work environment
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.