The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon/AWS is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional finance experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Herndon, VA office post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities.
AWS is seeking candidates with a strong sense of ownership, excellent analytic skills, a desire to learn complex processes and systems and results-oriented finance and accounting analyst to work in our corporate offices in Herndon, VA. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to dive deep. Amazon’s finance team is searching for candidates who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. Based on the individual’s performance after the returnship, there would be an opportunity to start in a full-time role.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and able to work effectively across multiple teams.
· Build strong business partnering relationships by providing data-driven and decision-supporting analytics.
· Drive improvements in the end-to-end costing process
· Collaborate across multiple teams to develop ad-hoc business cases and present recommendations to senior management.
· Evaluate the trade-offs of different technology choices with respect to cost and performance relative to customer requirements.
· Lead the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
· Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global businesses.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· You are eligible for this program if you have been out of the workforce for at least 2 years.
Examples may be:
o Staying home to raise your family
o Taking needed time off to provide personal care for a loved one
o Venturing to starting your own business
o Necessary sabbatical from the workforce for personal reasons
· MBA or Master’s in a related field
· Knowledge of SQL, Business Intelligence tools, or the willingness to learn
· Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity.
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Advanced modeling skills including strong knowledge of Excel skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.