Do you want to join one of the most exciting teams at the world's most customer-centric company? Then come soar with Amazon Air! AIR BI's vision is to offer the data infrastructure, and data applications/ processes/ practices to enable the AIR business to achieve its goal to leverage its capacity, speed, quality of service, and organic infrastructure to delight Amazon customers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and strategic Business Intelligence Engineer who will be comfortable diving into complex problems and using data to recommend business decisions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly analytical, and intensely detailed with a strong customer focus and perspective to drive strategy in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
This role will partner closely with the business teams to understand the data-needs of the team and ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data. This individual will participate in business reviews and new-initiatives. They should be able to identify and help close gaps in the information available, as well as predict up-and-coming data-needs when participating in discussions about new products or features.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another. You will improve the customer experience by building tools, solutions, models and analytics that can be scaled to various domains throughout Amazon AIR so they can make better business decisions.
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing future looking analytical products, forecasting and prediction models, etc. to support the business needs.
- Translate basic business problem statements into analytical or data requirements.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to answer business questions and drive business decisions.
- Find and create ways to measure the customer experience to drive business outcomes.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Recommending improvements to back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or other business/analytical disciplines or equivalent experience
· 5+ years in relevant experience as data scientist, data engineer, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent.
· Proficiency with a scripting language (Java, Python, or R)
· Proficiency with coding, query development, and visualization – SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Redshift, and Quicksight, or Tableau.
· Master’s degree in BI, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or related field required.
· 8+ years in relevant experience as data scientist, data engineer, software engineer, business intelligence engineer, or equivalent.
· Strong fundamentals in problem-solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management.
· Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR and data pipelines
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.