The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Seattle, and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
Amazon’s Operations Technology teams are the technical engines that support Amazon’s mission of being Earth’s most customer-centric company. We build the software and services that touch every Amazon customer globally and innovate solutions for logistics, supply chain optimization, and transportation.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business.
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
· 5+ years of industry experience.
· Experience in manual and automation testing
· Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard and bug tracking tools
· Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
· Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile software development, use of software IDEs, use of source control management
· The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
· Proven experience defining and leading an effective quality assurance process
· Experience with white box testing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.