Site: New Location in MT. Juliet, TN!
Reliability, , and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Managers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The Manager position will lead a multi-site team of associates, as well as supervise Area Managers, and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
• Support the Operations team by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
• Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
• Handle multiple internal and externally sponsored projects and daily activities, manage to and meet deadlines, and develop & track plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
• Work with local site Safety department leadership to understand, implement, and audit safety programs. Ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
• Develop and maintain programs and good working relationships with operations leadership.
• Facilitate technical and safety training, as well as help to develop professional development of departmental facilities associates.
• Mentor all associates by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
• Develop department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
• Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track budgets.
• Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
• Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional planning and perform cost analysis.
• Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
• Participate in weekly network calls and periodic Manager offsite conferences.
• Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
• 5+ years experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
• Experience in the following areas:
• Automated systems and controls
• Electrical and electronic principles
• and electrical reading
• Preventive procedures
• PC literary
• Six Sigma Certification
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. , peers, contractors and vendors
• Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.