Interested in Amazon Alexa and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Interested in working in a high impact role? This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon. Third-party hardware makers can integrate the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the brain behind Amazon Echo, into their products. AVS is enabling many new connected devices and exciting consumer use cases in the home and on the go.
This role will serve as the lead economics POC supporting the AVS business. As part of this role, you will lead coordination with other economics POCs across the broader Alexa organization, and build out a longer-term roadmap for econ-related initiatives to support key AVS business priorities. You will lead several near-term initiatives with a focus on causal inference, and have opportunity for exposure to a broader set of focus areas over time (e.g. price elasticity).
· Identification/measurement/tracking of specific High Value Actions (HVAs) and Negative Value Actions (NVAs) for driving engagement on AVS devices.
· Own building, scaling, and managing HVA/NVA models.
· Developing data-driven, scientific approaches to measure downstream value of various device interactions.
· Developing data-driven, scientific approaches to measure the downstream impact of Alexa engagement on partner KPIs.
· Conduct A/B testing to validate model performance.
· Quantifying the business impact of product changes and strategic decisions.
· PhD in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Machine Learning, or Operations Research
· Four years of experience in private sector or consulting
· Strong proficiency in at least one of the following statistical software packages: Python, Stata, Matlab, R
· Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to extract and process data (e.g. SQL).
· 6+ years of applied experience.
· Strong background in program evaluation methods and causal inference.
· Background with predictive modeling and forecasting methods.
· Proficiency in working with big data.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-expert audience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.