Amazon’s Consumer Payments organization is seeking a highly quantitative, experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to drive the development of analytics and insights. You will succeed in this role if you are an organized self-starter who can learn new technologies quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment. In this position, you will be a key contributor and sparring partner, developing analytics and insights that global executive management teams and business leaders will use to define global strategies and deep dive businesses.
Our team is a brand-new Analytics team, offering a unique opportunity to build a new set of analytical experiences from the ground up. You will be part the team that is focused on acquiring new merchants from around the world to payments around the world. The position is based in India but will interact with global leaders and teams in Europe, Japan, US, and other regions. You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Design, develop, implement, test, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and Reporting.
· Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, AWS – Redshift, and OLAP technologies, Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting.
· Work with product tech teams and build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
· Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
· Collaborate with Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers and Product Managers to implement algorithms that exploit rich data sets for statistical analysis, and machine learning.
· Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes.
· Communicate effectively with product/business/tech-teams/other Data teams.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
· 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
· Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
· Experience with one or more big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark etc.)
· Experience in one or more scripting or programming language
· Solid understanding of data design approaches (and how to best use them)
· A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
· Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue)
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space.