Amazon provides individuals or enterprises the opportunity to sell their goods on the Amazon platform. Over 2 million sellers in 14 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on Amazon and thereby contribute to the success of Amazon. Amazon is growing its aggressively worldwide and Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique items, providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel, Consumables and beyond.
Our team, through a partnership with core business teams, contribute to key goals that help improve Seller/Buyer experience on Amazon. This team is made up of people like you. People who are: a) Entrepreneurial – we build solutions for Buyers and Sellers, regardless of size, b) Innovative – our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories, and new geographies. There is no playbook, so innovation and creativity are a must, c) Passionate – Everyone’s an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. We are passionate about our customers, both Sellers, and Buyers.
· Establish SOPs, process controls, recommend revisions and ensure alignment with business goals
· Build and scale system-level solutions that have metric impact; drive adoption of solutions across teams
· Perform data analysis on trends observed and recommend solutions to the product and BD teams
· Collaborate with partner teams and stakeholders across the globe to deliver on key business goals and objectives by driving consensus and building trust
· Perform high level failure (error) investigations which may be either operational or business specific in nature
· Establishes key reporting/MIS for functional area & write strong, well-structured and detail oriented reports in a clear, concise and audience-specific format
· Ability to effectively lead a small team, ensuring career coaching and strength alignment
· Drives continuous improvement and contribute to COE (Correction of Error) process by documenting any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and own specific action or change
· Demonstrates the ability to dive deep into a problem, performs ‘root cause analysis,’ and identifies constraints to recommend a solution
· Manage operations, perform capacity and resourcing analysis and provide staffing recommendations
· Interacts with multiple stakeholders to communicate on operations and represents data/metrics information and project reviews
The ideal candidate is/has:
· Strong aptitude and interest for operations
· Ability to map clear process flows between systems & identify up-stream & down-stream data flow/technical errors
· Ability to identify, prioritize and coordinate work streams as necessary including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Ability to earn trust of partner teams by understanding operational processes
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
· Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive parallel projects in an unstructured environment.
· A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's varied system architecture.
· Thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
· Ability to dive deep into a problem, perform ‘root cause analysis,’ and identify constraints to recommend a solution with a desire to problem solve.
· Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations and communicate clear deliverables to stakeholders, business partners and leadership
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams
· · Bachelor’s degree (preferably in technical discipline) and minimum 4 years of relevant working experience including hands on ops experience, designing quality, operations’ processes and reporting governance
· Strong familiarity with databases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, and ETL Manager and ability to work with large data sets
· Excellent oral/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
· Experience communicating and handling cross-functional programs including project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
· Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· Passion for innovation, automation, and operational excellence- should show high ownership and institute process improvements wherever needed
· Can adapt well to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Ability to effectively lead a small team, ensuring career coaching and strength alignment
· · Ability to write VBA macros in MS Excel aimed at automation & process improvement
· Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus
· Has experience in managing critical operational processes, with SLA responsibility