Amazon Web Services is looking for experienced Security Engineers to join the Security Analytics and AI Research group within AWS Security Services. This group is entrusted with researching and developing core data mining and machine learning algorithms for various AWS security services like GuardDuty (https://aws.amazon.com/guardduty/) and Macie (https://aws.amazon.com/macie/). On this team, you will invent and implement innovative solutions for never-before-solved problems. If you have experience with information security and a passion for large scale machine learning systems, this will be an exciting opportunity.
The AWS Security Services team builds technologies that help customers strengthen their security posture and better meet security requirements in the AWS Cloud. The team interacts with security researchers to codify our own learnings and best practices and make them available for customers. We are building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems to power next generation services.
· Collaborate with scientists and engineers to research and develop innovative ML/AI solutions for challenging cybersecurity problems.
· Analyze the output of ML/AI models for accuracy, customer impact, and interpretability.
· Integrate successful experiments into large scale, highly complex production services.
· Build complex systems that turn machine/deep learning and AI research into great products for our customers.
· Rapidly design and conduct large scale experiments in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative and business judgment.
· Interact with other security engineers and related domain experts to dive deep into the types of challenges that we need innovative solutions for.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· BS in Computer Science or related field of math, science, or engineering.
· 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following: cloud security, malware analysis, threat intelligence, network security, incident response, penetration testing, security research, or similar.
· 2+ years of coding experience with a least one of the following: Java, Python, C++, C#, Scala, or other programming language.
· 1+ years of experience using data analytics to investigate security threats.
· Knowledge of networking protocols such as IP, TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, BGP, etc.
· MS in Computer Science or related field of math, science, or engineering.
· Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
· Knowledge of emerging threats and TTPs targeting Linux, cloud services, web services, etc.
· Have experience with data sources such as DNS and NetFlow.
· Have experience with big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Jupyter, etc.
· Have experience with machine learning and collaborating with scientists.
· Knowledge of frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, STIX, MISP, etc.
· Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments.
· Have experience in the development of security products.
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us