For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. We are a team of builders that set out every day to innovate on behalf of AWS’s largest customers and disrupt the status quo on their behalf. We don’t sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we are on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a team where every day is full of engaging and meaningful work.
The AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) team is seeking an experienced Sales Operations professional to partner with the our EMEA Sales Leadership team to define, land and execute against the organization’s strategic priorities. This role is a regional "COO of Sales", responsible for everything from helping the Sales Leader define local market strategies and programs through to the day to day execution of the business operations. This role serves as the trusted advisor to the regional sales leadership team, supporting their business operations both tactically and strategically.
The EMEA Sales Operations Senior Manager has three key priorities: 1) manage all day-to-day sales operation execution activities in a highly independent manner in partnership with the regional EMEA Sales leader 2) act as a thought leader to identify and solve root causes for process improvement and to define new frameworks as the business scales and 3) drive the sales operations strategic support activities for annual and long range planning, forecasting, and other necessary strategy narratives.
The EMEA Sales Operations Senior Manager is an expert in key operational activities, including but not limited to sales forecasting, revenue routing, territory design, sales incentive compensation, quota setting, opportunity pipeline management, annual territory planning, goals setting and organizational planning.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Own the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team to evolve from data and reporting to meaningful analyses and insights that provide recommendations to steer the business.
· Drive evolution and enhancement of operations tools and processes – energetically contribute to the ongoing evolution of the AWS sales systems, tools and process roadmap discussions with Operations team. Serve on working groups or lead work streams aimed at automation and enhancement of your immediate and broader business processes.
· Serve as the primary lead for annual and long-range business planning support, including the Business Acceleration Mechanism, Operating Plan (OP1 and OP2), Operating Strategy, and more.
· Solve problems and own escalations to the ongoing evolution and improvement in sales frameworks, systems and processes.
· Support the central operations team in annual operations planning, including territory design, customer segmentation, international teaming agreements, headcount management, account ownership transition facilitation, account planning and more
· Ad-hoc analysis and project based work
· Facilitate interlocks to ensure ongoing consistency in goal definition and measurement between cross-functional teams’ and the sales organization’s goals.
The ideal candidate is strategic, requires little oversight, and is independent. This professional should be able to work across cross-functional teams in a productive and professional manner and can work through ambiguity and most blockers without a high degree of escalation. They should look to solve root causes of problems and innovate to develop processes and frameworks that scale with the business. They are intimately familiar with the sales motions, sales processes, and the seller behaviors and may have been an Account Executive or Sales professional in the past. They also have a developed financial acumen and a deep analytical background. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and skilled at working cross-functionally with a variety of internal stakeholders and able to multi-task. This is a hands-on role; a successful candidate must be willing and eager to “roll up their sleeves”.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field
· Relevant experience in divisional Sales Operations, Sales Excellence, Sales Finance or similar function for a fast-paced sales organization
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
· Demonstrated experience working with sales incentive compensation, sales forecasting, territory design, quota setting, and opportunity management
· Highly organized with multi-tasking skills; able to change direction quickly and in leading through both ambiguity and constant change
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience creating meaningful reporting and analyses for business stakeholders and familiarity with business intelligence tools and databases
· Strong prioritization skills, including driving multiple initiatives at the same time
· Ability to work across various cultures and to connect quickly.
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues with solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
· Strong bias for action, ability to independently deliver results while working remotely with limited direction
· MBA or similar relevant advanced degree is preferred
· Experiences of impacting a divisional Sales Operations, Sales Excellence, Sales Strategy or Sales Finance functions for a fast-paced sales organization
· Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive work ethic
· Demonstrated ability to operate with significant partnership and discretion and influence a broad range of stakeholder teams
· Demonstrated ability to support business process design and improvement initiatives, automate operational tasks, and prioritize time for high business impact activities (long and short term)
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
· Advanced understanding of the sales methodologies, what drives sales behavior and how sales processes work
· Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.