Come change lives on the Amazon Halo UX team. Amazon Halo is a new membership program for holistic health & wellbeing, featuring a wellness tracker and companion app with a broad range of tracking, insights, and behavior change content.
The Amazon Halo team is looking for a UX Writer with exceptional skill for crafting simple, straightforward, human copy that makes the most complex concepts easy to understand. This person will be highly customer-obsessed with the capability to dive in and learn new technologies and domains fast.
This is an early stage initiative with a highly collaborative, startup-like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are obsessed about the customer and drive relentlessly to optimize and improve the customer experience. You collaborate with product managers, program managers, software developers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick prototypes, iterate and improve.
As a User Experience Writer for this team, you work to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You will help shape the overall customer experience and be an integral part of the product and UX design team. You help shape the vision for content and drive product narratives across multiple platforms. As a UX writer, you have a portfolio that demonstrates content that enhances and simplifies the overall user experience. You have the ability to develop content that helps make a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
· Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, and researchers to craft and hone language systems across a variety of contexts, including UI components, to editorial content, to help text
· Design scalable systems and structures to support large amounts of content
· Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions in a space where little precedence exists
· Create user-centered solutions by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
· Collaborate with UX design to quickly and iteratively create interaction flows, wireframes, and design mock-ups throughout the design process
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience writer or similar role.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
· Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
· 2+ years of experience independently driving the design review cycle and closing on design requirements.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Journalism or editorial experience or background
· Experience with UX writing for complex workflows, software products
· Experience working with user research and analyzing customer feedback
· Demonstrated history of understanding customer data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and leveraging it for developing precise content
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.