The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Hardware Development Engineer with expertise in integrating heterogeneous mixtures of hardware into a coherent control system. Working alongside physicists and engineers, you will design, implement, and validate the hardware for control system solutions for qubit processors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working with researchers to convert novel experimental ideas into hardware solutions using a mixture of commercial and custom components;
· Working in a multi-disciplinary team to integrate a robust heterogeneous control system into a larger system;
· Digging down into embedded software and HDL gateware to debug a problem;
· Working with researchers to debug, validate and understand the limits of the implemented control system solutions.
At the AWS CQC, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
The AWS CQC is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds to build a world class team. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with their peers. With quantum computing being a new and growing initiative within AWS, you would have an opportunity to make an impact on our budding team culture.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 2+ years of relevant industry/academic experience in designing and implementing r.f. and/or microwave transceiver systems and mixed-signal boards and hardening research prototypes for production
· Familiarity with software necessary for debugging hardware - covering both compiled languages such as C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python
· Familiarity with digital signal processing concepts such as filtering and data converter quantization errors
· Familiarity with the measurement and mitigation of noise in signal generation and receiver systems
Experience with any of the following
· delivering solutions in a research environment
· development of HDL gateware on FPGAs
· development of embedded software
· microcontroller experience
· low-noise physics measurements