The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Center for Quantum Computing in Pasadena, CA, is looking to hire a Hardware Development Engineer with expertise in integrating heterogeneous mixtures of hardware into a coherent control system. Working alongside physicists and engineers, you will design, implement, and validate the hardware for control system solutions for qubit processors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working with researchers to convert novel experimental ideas into hardware solutions using a mixture of commercial and custom components;
· Working in a multi-disciplinary team to integrate a robust heterogeneous control system into a larger system;
· Digging down into embedded software and HDL gateware to debug a problem;
· Working with researchers to debug, validate and understand the limits of the implemented control system solutions.
At the AWS Center for Quantum Computing, we understand that developing quantum computing technology is a marathon, not a sprint. Mental and physical wellness is encouraged within our team and throughout AWS. The work/life integration within Amazon encourages a culture where employees work hard and have ownership over their downtime. We are exploring more structured wellness elements including meditation scheduling, running group meet-ups, and a culture of sharing wellness tips.
Mentorship and Career Growth
We are committed to the growth and development of every member of the Center for Quantum Computing. You will receive career-growth-minded management and mentorship from a software and science team and also have the opportunity to participate in Amazon's mentorship programs. You will work closely with quantum research scientists and have opportunities to learn about quantum computing technology and contribute to the development of scientific software for quantum computing at AWS.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 2+ years of relevant industry/academic experience in designing and implementing r.f. and/or microwave transceiver systems and mixed-signal boards and hardening research prototypes for production
· Familiarity with software necessary for debugging hardware - covering both compiled languages such as C/C++ and scripting languages such as Python
· Familiarity with digital signal processing concepts such as filtering and data converter quantization errors
· Familiarity with the measurement and mitigation of noise in signal generation and receiver systems
Experience with any of the following
· delivering solutions in a research environment
· development of HDL gateware on FPGAs
· development of embedded software
· microcontroller experience
· low-noise physics measurements