Amazon Video enables customers to instantly stream or download hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and next-day TV shows.
Customers discover Amazon Video content via the home page customers see when they log on into Amazon Video. However our catalog contains orders of magnitude more videos than can be displayed on a single page. And customers may have different interest from another one, or different interest at one time than at another. For example, a customer might like to watch movies on Friday nights but a TV show on weeknight and short videos on her smart phone during evenings when travelling home from work.
Our mission is to eliminate the selection problem and reduce customers’ work in discovering videos by placing at the top of the page the right content that they would like to watch at that time on that device. We build a personalized home page experience tailored to individual customer tastes.
We do this by learning through hundreds of different recommendation strategies, anonymized historical customer streaming behavior and understanding customer-device-time of day relationships.
Apart from the machine learning challenges on rich video data sets, we also deal with core engineering problems of delivering a low latency real time personalized home page experience, building a global solution and scaling to millions of Amazon Video customers worldwide.
We deliver meaningful results for customers while simultaneously learning and growing our skills and investing in each team member's career development. At Amazon, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers, and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities.
We embrace the challenges of a fast paced market and evolving technologies, paving the way to universal availability of video. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, invent new ways to positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment.
Successful candidates for this position will have a background in Java, C++, or C# and ideally have some experience and passion for big data and personalization. Equally important to these specific skills is a candidate's ability to multi-task, willingness to experiment and use data to understand customer needs, as well as adapt quickly to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, gain new skills, create reliable & maintainable code, and find creative, scalable solutions to difficult problems.
If you are ready to make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, join us!
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Experience with Machine Learning
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Product development experience in consumer-focused companies
· Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· A track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.