Amazon is the 4th most popular site in the US. Our product search engine, one of the most heavily used services in the world, indexes billions of products and serves hundreds of millions of customers world-wide. We are working on a new initiative to transform our search engine into a shopping engine that assists customers with their shopping missions. We’re looking at every aspect of search, from query understanding to front-end UX, ranking and relevance, indexing and tiering and asking how we can make big step improvements by applying advanced Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) techniques.
On behalf of our customers, we relentless insist the highest the standards on the measuring our search quality. In this role, you will be responsible for researching, prototyping and designing the optimal search quality metric. We are looking for a seasoned data scientist who is proficient in statistics, A/B testing, hypothesis testing and is familiar with e-commerce, search and machine learning. Your job will shape the future of Amazon search algorithm and have a direct impact to hundreds of millions of customers worldwide.
· Masters with two years of experience or a Bachelors degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with five years of working experience as a Data Scientist
· Experience with statistical analysis, data modeling, optimizations, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and demand modeling
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
· Experience in Statistical Software such as R, Weka, SAS, SPSS
· Proficiency with TABLEAU or other web based interfaces to create graphic-rich customizable plots, charts data maps etc
· Able to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting (Redshift, SQL, MySQL)
· Experience using one or more Python, R, Java, C++ VBA, MATLAB, programming languages
· Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data
· Previous experience in ML, data scientist or optimization engineer role with a large technology company
· Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economy, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· Familiarity with E-commerce and product search.
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role requires effective communication with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds.