Amazon Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy digital content. Prime Video delivers premium content to customers through purchase and rental of movies and TV shows, unlimited on-demand streaming through Amazon Prime subscriptions, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football. In total, Prime Video offers nearly 200,000 titles and is available across a wide variety of platforms, including PCs and Macs, Android and iOS mobile devices, Fire Tablets and Fire TV, Smart TVs, game consoles, Blu-ray players, set-top-boxes, and video-enabled Alexa devices. Amazon believes so strongly in the future of video that we've launched our own Amazon Studios to produce original movies and TV shows, many of which have already earned critical acclaim and top awards, including Oscars, Emmys and Golden Globes.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete – You understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master’s classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
The Science and Analytics team within Amazon Prime Video builds product and technology solutions that drive customer activation and engagement across a global footprint. We obsess over finding effective, programmatic and scalable ways to reach customers via a broad portfolio of both in-app and out-of-app experiences.
We would love to have you join us to build models that can serve our customers on Prime Video. We need you to analyze and improve state-of-art solutions while being scalable to Amazon size data. We need to solve problems across many cultures and languages, working alongside an science and analytics team of world class Data and Business Intelligence Engineers to help us achieve these goals. Our team consistently strives to innovate are highly motivated to extend the state of the art.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Masters in quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 5+ years of experience working in data science in a technology company
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· A PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 7+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
· Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Professional experience in software development (software design and development life cycle)
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
· Proven achievements of developing and managing a long-term research vision and portfolio of research initiatives, with algorithms and models that have been successfully integrated in production systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.