Amazon’s Worldwide Technology Deployment team is working to transform how we delight customers by driving strategic technology innovations in our operations globally. We are a fast paced, innovative engineering team working with our internal automation product teams to deploy software and hardware solutions to enable Amazon’s future growth and scale. A key enabler of our global strategy is a strong Program Management Office (PMO) function.
The PMO implements the mechanisms needed for department leaders to execute projects against relevant KPIs (on-time delivery, budget, efficiency, resource utilization) and automated dashboards to systematically track project progress, risk identification & mitigation, issue management and lessons learned.
As a PMO Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will participate in and lead focused and strategically critical projects across Tech Deployment. You will study, learn, and diagnose processes, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, guide the improvement effort, and measure outcomes. You will work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives in a global setting.
Your work will impact goals for project delivery and productivity across the entire WW Tech Deployment project portfolio. You will influence the design and development of strategic cross-functional processes to improve our Technology Deployment model including enhancements to our enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) tool, project management standards, processes, dashboards and documentation that set the blueprint for how technology deployment projects are run.
To be successful in this role, you need to pair strong analytical skills and a data-driven outlook with strong intuition. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers to take a high-level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· Create a strategic roadmap for continuous improvement, quality processes, reporting, and metrics to help enhance quality of PMO processes and customer experience, to achieve a step change in Tech Deployment capacity to scale.
· Experience in building continuous improvement metrics and effectively engaging with stake holders to set and drive quality goals
· Perform trend analysis, evaluate performance objectives and metrics across the network to proactively identify opportunities for improved technical solutions and strategy implementation
· Utilize data mining techniques to identify and visualize issues, risks and performance indicators.
· Develop dashboards and reports for senior management, business partners and clients to identify key metrics for vital analytical decision making and present best practices from process re-engineering projects.
· Internal and external stakeholder management; communications, relationship/rapport building, using influence to affect positive outcomes
· Support preparation of monthly and quarterly dashboards and White Papers
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and System Engineering or related technical discipline · 5+ years of relevant work experience working with teams driving continuous improvement, standardization, project / program management, and automation
· 5+ years’ experience leading Kaizen and process improvement projects
· Demonstrated skills in leading and influencing global business partners
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Minitab, or Tableau
· The ability to translate operational issues into workable solutions
· Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
· The ability to travel 20% a month (post Covid19)
· Advanced degree in a quantitative field or MBA.
· Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt
· 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
· 7+ years of experience in program or project management
· 7+ years of experience leading and influencing business partners at all levels
· 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
· Developed and implemented data analysis and data collection systems.
· Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.).
· Experience in advanced simulation tools for process design.
· Exposure to transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $76,600 - $114,900 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.