Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking talented individuals for the Global Financial Services Accounts team focused on growing business and defining the cloud computing industry in the world’s largest, most strategic, multinational Fortune 100 Financial Services companies.
AWS, the world’s leading cloud provider, offers cutting-edge cloud solutions that benefit companies of all sizes. We are growing our new Global Financial Services sales team, which focuses on helping the world's largest multinational financial services businesses adopt the AWS cloud platform. If you are passionate about the cloud and have the skills, the Account Manager role provides the opportunity to sell business-transforming solutions to some of the world’s largest, most impactful companies, which will shape the future of cloud computing.
The (Sr.) Account Manager is responsible for growing the AWS footprint within the Global Fin Serv Accounts segment. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to successfully build and maintain relationships, advise customers on AWS cloud solutions, grow AWS usage across a defined set of customers, develop innovative programs, and expand platform adoption to new business units. A successful candidate will work with external contacts (prospects, customers, partners) and collaborate with internal account teams (Global Account Managers, Solution Architect, SDMS, TAMs) to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas.
This is a strategic role for practiced account managers seeking key experience selling to large, multinational enterprise-level accounts. Our team is expanding rapidly, which means tremendous growth opportunities.
· Create/Manage a sales funnel of opportunities from start-to-finish and track in Salesforce.com
· Educate customers on AWS products/services & evangelize key wins within Fin Serv segment
· Collaborate with GAM, SA, SDM on Account Planning & Strategy, and execution of strategic targets
· Break into new lines of business groups within the defined Global Fin Serv Account
· Work in a team environment with multiple Global Account Managers, Solution Architects, and Technical Account Managers
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage response & delegation of inbound sales leads
· Evangelize customer success stories
· Track & measure customer engagement to improve sales messaging
· Create a high-level network for events and follow-up, working closely with Marketing resources
· Some Travel
· 7+ years account management/selling experience in enterprise business-to-business (B2B) environment focused on high-tech (SaaS/IaaS) products and services
· BA or BS degree
· Understanding of AWS offerings and/or cloud technology (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
· Experience selling to Financial Services
· Ability to create/refine sales programs for rapid scaling
· Proficiency with Salesforce.com CRM
· Very strong collaborative skills
· Knowledge of sales automation tools
· Fluent English speaker with extensive experience in technology related sales, business development or proven experience in account management in sales / marketing environment.
· Experience in Enterprise Selling, strategic execution in large multi-national accounts
· Executive conversations skills a must - CXO driven
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
· Proven track record of managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines and budgets
· Proven track record in the enterprise space with complex sales cycles
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
· Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation