We are a team of doers working passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology to solve real-world problems. As an Applied Scientist at the intersection of machine learning and the life sciences, you will participate in developing exciting products for customers. Our team rewards curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. At the cutting edge of both academic and applied research in this product area, you have the opportunity to work together with a diverse and talented team of scientists, engineers, and product managers and collaborate with others teams.
· PhD (or MS degree + 4 years’ experience) in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, or a related discipline
· 2+ years of experience in applying machine learning to solve problems in areas outside of ML
· 2+ years of experience in software development in languages such as Python, R, C++, or Scala
· Experience with topics in ML such as Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Transfer Learning, Bayesian Optimization, or Generative models
· Ability to modify standard algorithms (e.g. change objectives, work-out the math and implement)
· Track-record of having developed novel algorithms and scientific results, e.g. publications in high impact scientific journals (e.g., Science etc.) or conference proceedings (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, etc.)
· Serves on program committee at top academic conferences
· 2+ years of experience in one or more areas in the life sciences
· 4+ years of experience in software development in languages, such as Python or C++
· 4+ years of experience with deep learning toolkits such as MXNet, TensorFlow, or Torch
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.