Want to build the future of music and audio entertainment?
Imagine being part of an agile team, where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision working within a startup atmosphere, while being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company. Picture working on bleeding-edge consumer-facing products, where every team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Welcome to Amazon Music’s New Projects team.
Our team builds new experiences for Amazon Music listeners. We help our customers discover up-and-coming creators, while also having access to their favorite music and podcasts. We build systems that are distributed around the world, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward experiences on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa. Amazon Music products support our mission of delivering audio entertainment in new and exciting ways that listeners love.
Amazon Music’s New Projects team is looking for founding team members across a variety of functions, including software engineering/development, product, marketing, design, and more. Come make history, as we launch new projects for millions of listeners.
· PhD degree with 4 years of applied research experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of experience of applied research experience
· 3+ years of experience of building machine learning models for business application
· Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
· More than 6 years of industrial/academic experience in data science, machine learning or a related field.
· Demonstrated use of modeling and optimization techniques tailored to meet business needs.
· Experience with leadership of experienced scientists as well as a record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a career track in a business environment.
· Familiar with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Perl or Python
· PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
· More than 10 years of industrial/academic experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g. commercial speech products or government speech projects)
· Demonstrated experience to manage an industrial research team for at least 3 years.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Solid track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.