The Path Forward Return to Work program at Amazon is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Amazon, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This program is 100% virtual during the 16 week returnship program. There is a possibility of a full time offer conversion post returnship. These full time offers will likely be based out of Nashville, TN and all full time opportunities will offer relocation packages.
At Amazon Operations HR, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, OpsHR Technology is the place for you.
The OpsHR A To Z team team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
· Must be unemployed for 1+ years
· Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Open to relocate to Nashville, TN
· Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
· Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
· Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-set
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.