Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance experience to Amazon’s unique environment?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Internal Auditor to support our MENA Audit team, who can apply broad operational knowledge and sound business judgment to execute audits across our diverse businesses and technical environments. This is a high visibility opportunity where you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our business, and be able to influence important improvements that make a real difference. Our team is cross-functional and you will perform a wide range of operational and technical audits.
We are seeking someone with broad experience in Operations, Commercial, Compliance, IT, and Financial auditing. You must also be comfortable performing as a sole contributor and teammate and in doing so will have the opportunity to learn our business, our IT environment, and meet a wide range of stakeholders.
You will work with an Audit Manager conducting end-to-end audits across Amazon businesses in the EMEA region. Audit topics could include distribution center operations, customer services, vendor contracting, logistics, commercial arrangements, compliance with varying regulations and company policies, privacy, information security, business continuity, asset management and security, among others. In this position, you will dig deep into the details of your audits to develop meaningful findings.
You should be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. You should be comfortable interacting with a range of roles, from technical software development engineers to business leaders. You need a sound technical and commercial understanding and the ability to learn new concepts quickly. We value curiosity, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
To be successful in this role:
- You should be able to translate risks into business issues.
- You will provide consultative support to business partners to identify opportunities for control improvements.
- You will help prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy.
- You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately.
- You must be an excellent writer who can succinctly communicate complicated issues in business terms. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management.
- You are a skilled project manager who can manage variable resources and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
- You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information and be willing to dive deep into your own audits and support other audits.
This position will be based out of Dubai, United Arab Emirates and may require 25% international travel.
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later.
We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application. Please apply online and upload your CV. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
· BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field.
· 2+ years of experience in operational auditing, risk management, compliance, or financial analysis, showing progression in areas for responsibility.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience (verbal and written) in English.
· 5+ years of professional experience in a complex business environment
· Self-starter, possess flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations
· Proven history of having worked effectively across cross-functional teams and business functions
· Risk management experience, including; performing risk assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid analytical skills and experience analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
· Big 4 accounting firm experience - Operational experience in Amazon or equivalent organization - Advanced degree (e.g., MBA)
· Relevant certifications (CPA equivalent, CISA, GIAC) · Experience with process improvement - Kaizan, and Six Sigma