Amazon is looking for creative Applied Scientists to tackle some of the most interesting problems on the leading edge of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML), search and related areas with our Amazon Books team. At Amazon Books we believe that books are not only needed to work, education and entertainment, but are also required for a healthy society. As such, we aim to create an unmatched book discovery experience for our customers worldwide. We enable customers to discover new books, authors and genres through sophisticated recommendation engines, smart search tools and through social interaction, and we need your help to keep innovating in this space.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you. You will develop and implement novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state-of-the-art in technology areas at the intersection of ML, NLP, search, and deep learning. You will innovate, help move the needle for research in these exciting areas and build cutting-edge technologies that enable delightful experiences for hundreds of millions of people.
In this role you will:
· Work collaboratively with other scientists and developers to design and implement scalable models for accessing and presenting information;
· Drive scalable solutions from the business to prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production;
· Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and mentor and guide other members to achieve their career growth potential.
· Masters in NLP, ML, or another highly quantitative field
· 1+ years of recent development experience in Python, Java, or other high-level programming language
· 2+ years of industry experience working as an Applied Scientist in a fast-paced environment
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· Strong communication skills
· Ph.D. in NLP, ML, or another highly quantitative field