Are you excited to help us earn customer trust through delivery excellence and the implementation of security practices? Do you enjoy driving global initiatives within a fast-paced Professional Services organization?
Join us - a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History” and as a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Our team works with AWS's enterprise customers and partners to design, build, and improve & optimize their security posture, DevSecOps, and cloud infrastructure architecture to drive business results at a planetary scale. The Cloud Security Specialist opportunity is a hybrid role that entails consulting, effective customer-facing communication, and hands-on technical capabilities.
· Define and deliver innovative compliance and risk management approaches to customers that help the customer understand how to move sensitive workloads onto the cloud faster. Build & deploy security infrastructure and automate security operations for customers.
· Innovate on behalf of customers; translate your thoughts into action yielding measurable results.
· Become a deep technical resource that earns our customers’ trust.
· Develop high-quality technical content such as tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work you deliver.
· Work with AWS engineering, support, and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Help hire and onboard new contributors to scale the team.
· Collaborate on internal builder projects.
· 10+ Years of experience in a technical position helping enterprise customers.
· 5+ Years of leading an engagement.
· 5+ Years developing and implementing security operations and technology in large, complex enterprises in multiple industry verticals, across a wide range of technology platforms.
· 4+ Years on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google, others).
· Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science.
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale.
· Experience with service-oriented architectures, private and public clouds, and web services security.
· Strong skills in security principles such as least privilege access, defense in depth, preventative vs. detective controls, Infrastructure and Network Security, Data protection, and Incident response.
· Professional experience and good technical knowledge of application security, system security, network security, authentication/authorization protocols, and cryptography.
· Experience advising customers on industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27xxx, SOC, HIPAA, GDPR, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
· Experience with enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a global enterprise environment.
· Good understanding of Enterprise Networks, Security, and Identity Access Management.
· Configuration management using CloudFormation and/or Chef/Puppet.
· Experience with agile approaches and Experience in DevOps or DevSecOps and how they impact risk management and compliance.
· Hands-on technical expertise in technology automation, implementation, integration, and/or deployment using scripting and/or IaaC.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, libraries building, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
· Experience taking a lead role in developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
· Customer-facing skills and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Ability to travel to customer sites as needed.
· AWS Solutions Architect Certified.
· AWS Security Speciality Certified.
· CISSP, CCSP, CISM, and/or other comparable certifications.