Amazon’s Talent Assessment team designs, implements, and optimizes hiring systems for one of the world’s fastest growing companies. We work in a data-focused, global environment solving complex problems with deep thought, large-sample research, and advanced quantitative methods to deliver practical solutions that make all aspects of hiring more fair, accurate, and efficient.
We're looking for a curious data scientist interested in working on a multi-disciplinary team of applied scientists, psychologists, data engineers, business analysts, and program managers. In this role, you will apply your modeling skills to bust myths, create insights, and produce recommendations to help Amazon evaluate millions of potential new hires per year. You'll be involved in all phases of research and experiment design and analysis, including defining research questions, designing experiments, identifying data requirements, conducting statistical or machine learning-based modeling, and communicating insights and recommendations. You'll also be expected to continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to analyze big data and enhance our analytics.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· MS/PhD training in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· 2+ years of experience working with a research/applied science team
· Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
· Experience working with human capital data
· Excellent written and oral communication skills