Come join the Alexa team, building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services! You will help us invent the future.
As a Data Scientist, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Alexa to provide customer great products. This role will be a key member of a Alexa Data Service Science team based in Bellevue, WA. You will work closely with other research scientists, machine learning experts, engineers to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve Alexa Data Service products. You will partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. Our scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
The key responsibility for this role include:
· Define proper output business Metrics, and build input models to identify patterns and drivers of the output.
· Drive actions at scale using scientifically-based methods and decision making.
· Design and develop complex mathematical, statistical, simulation and optimization models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions
· Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models
· Prototype these models by using modeling languages such as R or in software languages such as Python.
· Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
· Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· Master's degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field
· 1+ years of experience working in data science
· Experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, A/B testing, casual models, forecasting models, etc.
· Experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning software.
· PhD in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent)
· 2+ years of experience working in data science Skilled with Java, C++, or other programming language, as well as with R, SAS, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objective
· Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes
· Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
· Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age