At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people that are committed to making a meaningful impact on sustainability. We are looking for a Sustainability Program Manager to join our growing Devices Supply Chain and Operations Sustainability team.
The Sustainability Program Manager work cross-functionally across the Devices Operations organization to develop and implement sustainability programs that will bring about measurable operational and environmental benefits. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of Circular Economy and Sustainable Design principles and the ability to translate into actionable initiatives. The successful candidate will have industry experience (preferably in consumer electronics) leading programs related to energy, resource and waste management as well as have detailed knowledge of product manufacturing, design, development, and/or sourcing. The candidate should be comfortable in managing and interpreting metrics, reporting standards and life cycle assessments.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and the ability to apply systems thinking to complex, fast moving problems. The successful candidate must be well-versed in the concepts of sustainability but also grounded in the operational requirements of supply chain and manufacturing.
· Collaborate cross-functionally to efficiently design, implement and measure sustainability programs.
· Serve as Subject Matter Expert in product sustainability and circularity; produce and operationalize product sustainability assessments and environmental life cycle assessments;
· Develop reports, dashboards and metrics which distill complex data into actionable insights;
· Professionally communicate to senior business leaders.
· 7+ years leading sustainability initiatives
· Superior analytical, written and verbal communication skills
· Masters degree in civil and environmental engineering, environmental science, industrial ecology, or related fields. PhD a plus.
· Expert-level knowledge of environmental/carbon footprinting methods and a familiarity with Life Cycle Assessment software such as GaBi and SimaPro;
· Familiarity with leading standards for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) including ISO 14040 and ISO 14044.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation