With the proliferation of data and the ensuing use of that data for analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML), there is a need to consider whether its use is for good or bad. Policies and frameworks are needed to assess the ethics of advanced AI, which go beyond what we could do to what we should do.
Do you like working in ambiguous environments? Do you like tackling perplexing challenges where there are no easy answers? Do you have a passion for ensuring advanced analytics and AI is used to reduce human bias and overcome inequity? Do you like guiding others through philosophical decisions? Do you have a passion for being around cutting edge cloud technologies? Are you detail-oriented and creative?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services business is rapidly expanding its global presence and we are looking for a highly-motivated AI Ethics Leader to help our team and our customers navigate the ethics of using advanced analytics and AI.
The role will work with our internal Professional Services consultants and our AWS customers to help establish principles on evaluating whether the use of advanced analytics and AI are for good. Computers do not inherently have implicit bias, but bias can be introduced through the use of historical human-generated data, algorithmic bias, a lack of transparency into AI/ML models, and the absence of a principle-driven decision framework to evaluate its ethical use. The promise of AI and analytics is that it can improve businesses, governments, and counter societal inequities. It is a promise that comes with risk and we are looking for a leader who can build a team to help AWS Professional Services and our customers navigate those risks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Work Collaboratively - Work with cross-discipline teams to understand privacy, legal, and ethical considerations in the use of AI/ML and analytics and promote best practices
· Follow industry & policy development - Have a pulse on global laws, ethnographic considerations, and overall stance on topics of ethics, fairness, and social responsibility
· Provide feedback - Provide audit and review of internal and customer use cases to elevate potential areas of algorithmic bias and lack of transparency in development and deployment work
· Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to develop strong customer relationships and build a growing business driving AWS adoption and ethical and socially responsible use of AI and analytics
· Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with customers in the commercial and public sectors
· Build organizational assets – Develop internal and externally-facing documentation to support customer engagements and training
This role can be virtual. This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Ethics/Applied Ethics, Philosophy or equivalent experience
· Experience working with different internal and external stakeholders
· 5+ years of customer facing experience
· Customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills in a consulting role
· Familiarity with ethical dilemmas related to AI/ML
· Passion for seeing AI and advanced analytics being used for good
· A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
· Experience in IT program or project management and/or process framework development and implementation
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Strong business acumen, technical expertise, analytical and collaboration skills
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
· Self-starter who can deliver high-quality results in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.