Want to change the way people watch TV? The Prime Video team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to offer customers the widest selection of digital video content and make it trivially easy for them to enjoy it wherever, whenever, and however they want. Within the Prime Video team, the Title Display Experience team relentlessly obsesses over simplifying a customer's viewing decision by presenting the most accurate and most relevant title information to them.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist who is results-oriented, data driven, innovative and passionate at creating new comprehensive customer engagement services/solutions. You’ll work on technologies such as such as SQL, Python, and AWS to build the world’s most innovative customer experience solutions. You will influence product and engineering direction by producing models and analyses that reshape the way we understand movies and TV shows. In partnership with your team, you will be responsible for changing the way our customers discover and choose movies in Prime Video.
Creating insightful, scalable and actionable data models requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building data driven statistical and optimization models. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality insights in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
· PHD in Data Science related area of study
· Experience working with cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Experience with Java, C++ or similar programming language
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience collaborating with engineers to deliver models integrated into live services
· Experience with speech and language understanding systems
· Experience with Graph based algorithms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.