We are seeking an experienced Economist to partner with Business Development, Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering to understand and develop the business model for Amazon’s fast-growing cloud-gaming service: Amazon Luna. As a principal economist, you will consider economic theory, statistical inference, machine learning, and optimization theory to deeply understand the intersection of content valuation, feature set, and customer engagement. This is an opportunity for a high-energy individual to bring cutting edge research into real world applications, and communicate the insights we produce to our leadership.
This position is perfect for someone who has a deep and broad analytic background and is passionate about using mathematical modeling and statistical analysis to make a real difference. We are looking for someone willing to develop new methods to tackle important and, often, ambiguous research questions with direct impact in amazon pricing strategies. Experience in applied analytics is essential, and you should be familiar with modern tools for data science and business analysis. We are particularly interested in candidates with research background in applied microeconomics, econometrics, statistical inference and/or finance.
· PhD in Economics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Management Science or other quantitative field.
· 8 + years of experience in analytics.
· Strong track record in performing high-quality analysis of big data
· Track record of driving change based on persuasive communication of insights and opportunities based on analysis.
· Experience incubating new technology working closely with research scientists, software developers and product managers from conception to implementation.
· Written and verbal communications skills to convey complicated process and systems to business partners and senior leadership.
· Applicants with considerably more experience, including mid-career, are also strongly encouraged.
· Proficiency in R, Python and/or Spark.
· Experience in pricing-related analytics.
· Strong research track record.