Amazon Customer Service is one of the largest customer service organizations in the world. Our tens of thousands of Customer Service Associates around the globe provide world-class support to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in over 15 languages (and growing).
Amazon.com is looking for a passionate, results oriented business intelligence engineer (BIE) to help inform our multiyear roadmaps and provide voice of the customer through presentation of data sets in the form of reporting and dashboards. Data-driven decision-making is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and people who are exceptionally talented at analyzing large sets of data to build insights are critical.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while still paying careful attention to detail). You should be skilled in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, and have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools. You should have strong analytical and communication skills and be able to work with product managers and business development teams to define key business questions and build data sets and models that answer them.
Key Tasks Include:
· Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and ongoing analysis to enable data driven decisions across our team and with partner teams.
· Identify, develop, manage, and execute queries across multiple data sets to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations.
· Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy trends that impact the business.
· Collaborate with product, technical, and operational leaders to gather data and metrics requirements.
· Retrieve and analyze data using a broad set of Amazon’s data technologies and resources, knowing how, when, and which to use.
· Write high-quality SQL queries to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle).
· Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
· Scope, build and own technical data warehouse processes to help the business scale.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative field
· 3+ years analyzing and interpreting data
· Experience with data mining and processing using SQL
· Experience building measures and metrics, and developing reporting solutions
· Experience with BI data visualization and delivery tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Quicksight, etc.
· Master’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, or an equivalent quantitative field
· 5+ years of experience working as a BIE in a business environment
· Experience using R, Python, etc.
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS
· Experience communicating results and business impact of analytical deep dives to senior leadership
· Experience working as a BIE in a technology company
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us