Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon operates a world-class network of technologically advanced fulfillment properties across North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Japan, and India.
The rapid growth of Amazon’s retail and Fulfillment by Amazon businesses requires continued expansion of the network on the largest scale of any other user in the United States. Our growth in the years ahead will continue to be historic.
The Industrial Property Manager candidate will be a critical member of the Worldwide Operations Real Estate team and will support leased fulfillment locations within their assigned region of North America operations. This position will be responsible for implementation of Amazon and industry best practices around lease compliance of existing and incoming properties with significant focus on building and maintaining landlord relationships. The Industrial Property Manager will report directly to a Regional Asset Manager and will have an office located in Nashville, Tennessee.
An industry leading relocation assistance package is available.
This candidate will combine real estate industry best practices with excellent problem solving skills to interact with diverse stakeholder groups. The candidate will function at a high level within an incredibly fast-paced and unstructured work environment
· Bachelor's Degree in business, management, real estate, or other relatable field.
· Five years of corporate or commercial property management experience with a commercial real estate company or landlord entity, industrial asset type preferred
· Experience utilizing commercial real estate software platforms and the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Travel is required (25% or less) within the assigned region for property inspections, problem solving real estate challenges, and building professional relationships between Amazon and our landlord partners. Travel to our corporate offices in Seattle will be required twice annually for company events and department all-hands meetings.
· 5+ years of experience of property management with industrial real estate portfolios in the e-commerce or fulfillment industry
· Have earned or working towards RPA, CPM, or comparable professional designation
· An excellent ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with proper professionalism
· Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment that includes a high volume of email management and other means of electronic communication
· Able to work independently while maintaining all deadlines and critical date obligations
· A proven track record in the following areas: analysis and interpretation of complex leases, education of stakeholders on lease compliance responsibilities, problem solving of complex issues, identification and improvement of business processes
Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
· Building trust among colleagues and service partners
· Landlord and tenant relationship building
· Analysis and interpretation of commercial lease language over a broad range of asset classes
· Removing real estate barriers for tenants and/or landlords for their success
· Executing real estate actions outlined within commercial real estate leases that include, but are not limited to: lease commencement, tenant improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.