The Team: Private Brands is a highly visible, fast-growing business within Amazon. We have a unique business and obsess over quality and building global brands our customers love. We aspire to be part of our customers’ everyday lives by offering them unique products at compelling prices backed by Amazon’s strong customer obsessed reputation.
The Role: We are looking for an exceptional Program Manager to help build a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution for Global Private Brands. Product development in Private Brands is a complex and global process. Some of the steps involved in getting a product from inception to the customer include Product design, Quality certification, Third-party and in-house testing, Mass production, Finalizing product label and packing, FDA approval (if ingestible) etc. Finally, since this is a WW platform, the unique international requirements add another layer of complexity. These different workflows involve complex sub-tasks and interactions with different retail systems, making this a truly complex and challenging capability with deep tentacles across many systems. The goal of this platform is to improve speed of product development, drastically reduce the time to market, and enhance productivity across the different stages of product development. You will work with global stakeholders across the US, EU and APAC in Hardlines, Softlines, and Consumables Private Brands to own the launch and delivery of the project.
What do we expect you to do? You will help define the product, manage the overall team's deliverables, including global launches and feature rollouts, trainings, working with business teams to update their processes, help set the vision and build and deliver this solution from scratch. This is a unique role that offers a great opportunity to build something new, work cross functionally across strategic businesses, and interact with global stakeholders. This will be no easy feat as this involves alternating between big picture thinking and obsessing with the details, identify risks, have exceptional written and verbal skills, be comfortable presenting to senior leadership and drive alignment amongst stakeholders.
Ideal candidates will:
· Develop a deep understanding of the WW Private Brands product development process.
· Help deliver various PRFAQs and deliver automation capabilities we need to improve our product development velocity
· Manage communication with global stakeholders, including leadership teams.
· Manage the overall team's deliverables and deadlines to ensure various dependencies are tracked clearly and work is completed at the right quality and time.
· Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
Drive projects, products, and feature launches with WW Private Brands teams: Hardlines, Consumables, Softlines, international teams and other stakeholders including legal, marketing, finance, customer service and operations.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 7-10+ years of program management, product marketing, and/or business development experience, preferably in a fast-paced online environment
· Experience in defining, driving and shipping mass market consumer software or services
· Strong track record in Program Management and comfort with launching tech products
· Highly analytical and detail oriented· Strong track record of business partnership
· Familiarity with scrum, agile and waterfall methodologies
· Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
· Customer focus and professional demeanor
· Strong track record of business partnership
· Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to Product development
· Excellent cross-functional project management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.