Our vision for Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potentially hazardous products. We are looking for a Sr Risk Manager to join our Worldwide Private Brand Product Safety and Compliance Team as a Consumables Senior Risk Manager. The position is located in Seattle.
· Ensuring Safety and compliance requirements are met for Amazon Consumables products and support other functions such as Ops, Quality, Surveillance, Safety and Legal.
· Working directly with Regional Stakeholders to develop and implement procedures which comply with national and state regulatory standards
· Working cross-functionally to manage compliance training and awareness raising programs in retail, operations and sales teams
· Implement best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
· Partnering with internal Private Brands stakeholders and business teams across the company to develop innovative solutions to pre-defined safety & compliance requirements using high level process/system solutions.
· Enabling new business opportunities by executing on a broad range of product compliance matters. Work directly with business leadership, procurement teams, compliance operations, quality, legal and a variety of internal business partners and external vendors to drive product compliance across the supply chain.
· Managing project timelines, resources, and stakeholder communication for on-time, successful launches.
· Bachelor degree
· 2-5 years' experience working in consumables manufacturing or retail environment, in process improvement, project management or operations
· Experience with regulatory compliance within a Consumables manufacturer/retailer environment across a breadth of product types, for example: Medical devices, OTC drugs, Cosmetics, pesticides and other consumable household goods.
· Project and program management experience
· Experience using knowledge of Consumables laws and regulations, and communicating requirements to non-technical Stakeholders
· Experience using verbal and written communication skills
· Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements
· Bachelor degree with science focus
· MBA, MS or MA (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing or Equivalent)
· Six Sigma certification and/or experience
· 2-5 years of experience managing Safety and Compliance in a large scale retail or manufacturing environment
· Experience as a Regulatory Affairs manager
· Online/retail experience
· EMEA experience is a plus
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to work independently and autonomously
· Experience working collaboratively and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
· Shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies.
· Passion for protecting Amazon customers, Amazon owned brands, and Amazon’s bottom line.
· Significant experience in leveraging and influencing cross-functional teams and track record of consistently delivering valuable projects
· Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
· Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.