Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in distributed systems and hardware design.
You will be part of a team developing high bandwidth systems for free space optical communication between satellites. You will lead characterization of the systems and develop processes for calibration and tests on the ground as well as in space.
You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
· M.S. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Optical Sciences or related field and 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience with digital image processing and data analysis
· Experience with digital camera, laser systems, and basic optics
· Experience with at least one programming and simulation tool, such as Python, MATLAB or C++
· Ph.D. in Physics, Optical Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
· Strong background in mathematics
· Experience with alignment and calibration process for aerospace systems
· Experience with optical alignment tools such as Theodolite and autocollimator.
· Ability to lead interdisciplinary discussions between hardware, software, manufacturing and test engineers to define and drive scope and clarity of work, and reach optimum system level trade-offs.
· Strong time and task management skills with consistent attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals
with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit