Amazon WorkDocs is a cloud based document storage and sharing service with strong administrative controls and feedback capabilities. WorkDocs is more than just the home for user files - it aims at being the simple, secure and value conscious cloud based document management service. It also aims to be a home for all user conversations, collaboration and activity surrounding user/team/organization documents.
To enable this vision and asks from our customers, we are looking for a passionate Mobile Developer to join our mission and own the Android/iOS native application. This is an opportunity to be part of a start-up team for a new AWS business that promises to go big.
We are looking for a well-rounded software development engineer with a track record of creating fantastic apps for end users. We expect you to build a new set of collaborative experiences or Enterprise Information Workers. The ideal candidate will be design savvy, have solid grasp on coding skills coupled with strong technical acumen. (S)he will be a catalyst for change by working with Product Managers and UX Designers to code and design modular features that offer a low latency customer experience. If you are passionate about delighting users with compelling cloud based mobile apps, then we would love to hear from you.
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of hands-on software development experience
· 2+ years experience in, at least, one programming language such as Swift, Objective-C, Java
· Proficiency in object-oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
· Experience in mobile development (iOS or Android)
· Experience with software performance measurements and techniques.
· Experience architecting and designing using patterns for reliability and low latency in new and existing systems.
· Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving.
· Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies and adopt solution from within the company or from the Open Source community.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.