The Business Manager’s (BM) primary responsibility is to build the Audio and Entertainment category within Hardlines Private Brands (HPB). Chartered with defining a category strategy that meets business objectives, the BM must be adept at coalescing inputs such as customer feedback, market data, competitive landscape, and overall brand positioning. The Business Manager owns the category P&L and works directly with the Product Development Managers to set the vision, objective and priorities for new product roadmaps. The Business Manager is also responsible for defining positioning, messaging, target audiences, commercialization, and life cycle strategies for a product, existing or new. This role works closely with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, and Retail to deliver business initiatives.
Primary deliverables of this role include but not limited to:
· Category strategy ownership and multi-year roadmap
· Consumer insights, competitive landscape, and need/gap analysis
· P&L ownership
· New product ramp and performance
· Business reviews
· Product Lifecycle Management
The Business Manager is the owner of the Audio and Entertainment categories, and works as an intermediary between customer-facing teams and stakeholders across the business. This role is the visionary, defining the Whys and How's of a successful business, as well as the market lead, delivering what consumers need at the right time. We are looking for individuals that are analytical and strategic, with an understanding how to effectively market products online.
· 5+ years’ experience as product manager, product marketing manager, or retail merchant in consumer products
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proficiency in excel
· Strong analytical skills
· Competence with SQL (basic queries)
· P&L Experience
· Experience in a consumer goods/retail company
· Working knowledge of eCommerce
· Ability to influence across multiple stakeholders
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.