Sr. Applied Scientist - Amazon Physical Stores Technologies
Amazon is build new technologies to advance physical retails and come join an ambitious project developing new technologies that go well beyond the current state of the art to address an enormous market that will impact the daily lives of tens of millions of people.
As a senior applied scientist, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and mentor other scientists. You will be technical leader in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders within the team. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and given the size of this initiative, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon in different locations. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems that, frankly, haven’t been solved before - anywhere. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
· PhD or MS degree in computer vision, machine learning or related discipline
· 5+ years research experience after PhD degree or equivalent qualifications, or 8+ years research experience after MS degree or equivalent qualifications
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Ability to develop practical solutions to complex problems
· Strong communication and collaboration skills
· Working knowledge of at least one programing language such as Python, C++ or Java
· Deep understanding of computer vision, machine learning or related discipline
· Published in one of the top journals or conferences in computer vision and machines learning, such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, T-PAMI, ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS etc.
· Proficient in coding at least one programming languages such as Python, C++ or Java